Monday, December 15, 2008

Buhl is a Rockstar!

I "heart" Jonnelle Buhl! She is so darn smart! She sent me an email the other day with a tip for using Glue Dots. I have TONS of glue dots and I never, ever, ever use them. Who am I kidding, I have tons of stuff that I never use! Anyways, back to the glue dots...here is her tip...

Use your glue dots to make glitter polka dots:

Tear off however many glue dots you want, lay them down where you want them, rub the strip, remove paper, sprinkle with glitter. Need more glitter dots closer together? Before applying glitter, simply tear another strip, lay them down so they're alternating in the empty centers of previous row, add glitter to the whole bunch of them!

So, I'm totally burnt out on Christmas Cards but felt like playing today while my sick 6 year old napped, the 4 year old was busy watching some stupid show on Disney and the 2 year old was also napping. Here is what I came up with using the "Buhl Technique". Isn't it cool? The picture isn't the best but it's getting dark here and I couldn't get a good shot. I guess I could have waited till tomorrow but I was so darn excited that I just didn't want to!

Have a great day!!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! It was so NOT my idea, I snagged it off of a tutorial on Studio Calico, but thanks for thinking that I'm a rockstar and could come up with something that stinkin cool!!!
    I have run chipboard upside down through my Xyron to get them sticky for glitter and I DID come up with that one on my own. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea... whoever came up with it! I love it! I totally know how you feel about having so much stuff that you don't use. I actually do use my glue dots, but it's glitter I don't use! I'm not sure why, because I love the bling it adds to a project! Thanks for the inspiration to get it out of the draw and on a card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails