Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July Weekend!!

I'm so excited to start our 4th of July weekend! We have lots of fun plans with family and friends! Like last year, we started off the fun with PARENT SWIM PRACTICE! JP and I participated in a few fun relays with his friends and their parents. It was lots of fun but I'm TIRED!

I wanted to make a few patriotic cards to have on hand for our festitivities but I still do not have any patriotic sets (see here for last years cards!). But...I thought that these flowers from the NEW hostess set, Kind and Caring Thoughts looked like they could be fireworks! What do you think?

I colored the stamp using my Real Red and Night of Navy markers, stamped them, then went over them with a glue pen and glitter so they have a little shimmer!


Stamps: Kind and Caring Thoughts (new hostess set), A Little Birdie Told Me

Cardstock: Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White

Ink (markers!): Real Red, Night of Navy

Accessories: Oval Scallop Punch, Oval Punch, Ribbon, markers, glue pen, glitter

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late, but I think this stamp set was PERFECT for 4th of July cards!! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails