Sunday, July 6, 2008

The longest holiday weekend EVER!

Is it just me or does it seem like this has been a VERY long holiday weekend? We had tons of fun things to since we woke up on Friday morning! So, today the Wiemann Family took a well needed rest! The boys (Erich included) hung out and watched tv, played video games, and destroyed...I mean played in the playroom! I even got to take a short nap! Great day, right?

I also got a chance to read my new Papercrafts Magazine! I loved some of the cards in there so I tried to make my own versions! Here they are...!

This one was made by stamping the bird from Always and then cutting him out. I then placed him (yes, it's a boy bird!) on my whisper white cardstock and sponged around him. In the example in Papercrafts, they had airbrushed around the bird. I don't have an airbrush, so I improvised!
















This one is super simple. I had these pink beads and thought that I would never get a chance to use them! Well, my friend had a baby girl a few days ago so I finally got the opportunity! Beads are harder to work with than I thought! Maybe I should have used a different adhesive. Hmmm.
















I really wish I would have had the camera available for the drama in our house this evening. Daddy was doing haircuts on the deck after dinner and we had a minor accident! He was cutting JP's hair with the #1 1/2 guard and it flew off right as he put the razor to his head. He then had a 2" circle "spot" shaved on the top of his head! JP probably wouldn't have cared except that Erich and could not stop laughing. He then totally freaked out! After we calmed him down, he let Erich put on the #1 guard and "the spot" kind of blends in now! It was SOOO funny!

Well, goodnight! I hope you enjoy the cards for today!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the cards!! I like the idea of sponging around an image - I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OM, I love that sponging around the bird! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, poor JP! I bet he was ticked at you and E!
    LOVE those cards, that bird looks awesome - cannot believe YOU made a card w/ a bird on it - hehe!
    That sticky tape in the red roll works really great with beads (ACM and/or Michaels should probably have it - I know Total Crafts had shapes and everything with that sticky tape, not sure if they are still open or not, seems to me you might have said they closed down).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty cards - I agree it was a very long holiday weekend!! I liked your idea of the beads on the card - they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I love your latest cards. The bird is too cool! I do LOVE the baby card as well, since I JUST bought that set ;-) I've used the sticky tape with the red roll before and it works beautifully! I'm a huge bead fan, so it's perfect for anyone with a bead fedish like myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails