Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just Jawing Origami Box

I saw these cute little boxes on Jenn D's blog (Hi Jenn!) and just had to try them! I am usually pretty stupid when it comes to folding paper but once I "got" the directions it was SOOO easy! I made another one after this one and I timed myself! It only took 3 minutes and 9 seconds to make the box! Now, decorating it was another story!!




You can find the directions here! If you have a hard time with them let me know and I'll try to help! I used a 12 X 12 piece of paper for the box (the red part...from the Tart and Tangy DSP package) and then the top is made from the retired Halloween designer series paper. To make it sturdier, I used the "cardboard" piece that comes as backing from the designer series paper packages.

I think I'll use this as the "packaging" for a Valentine gift! I'm sure one of my boys will have a little girl to give it to (probably Ben...he IS the one with the "kissing disease"!)!

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I didn't "get" the directions until I realized you were supposed to leave the paper folded from the first time you folded the points into the center. My first piece of dsp ended up in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUPER SUPER cute! Don't we love that Jenn D? She is great, and SO is your box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great box you have inspired me to give it a try. I am another that just doesn't "get it" when it comes to boxes. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I just love it!! Could be because you used Just Jawing!! LOL I've been tol I'm addicted to that set!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice job. This box is super cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails