Thursday, October 2, 2008

I miss scrapbooking!

I've been thinking a lot about scrapbooking latley. I used to be really into it but it has fallen by the wayside since I started making cards. Actually, I can blame it on that but it's really because Jonnelle moved! I really do miss it and her too! ! So, I have decided to challenge myself to do at least one layout a week! It will be awhile before I am caught up but with baby #4 on the way, I can't procrastinate any longer! Yes, if you haven't already heard, we are expecting our fourth child in March! I guess I'll be changing the name of the blog, huh! Any ideas??

Anyways, in attempt to get myself back into the scrapbooking groove, I saw this really cute idea somewhere and thought I could try it! I purchased the 8x8 frame at Michaels. The "grid" is actually the leftover chipboard from ON BOARD LOTS OF LETTERS. I cut it down to fit in the frame then sponged it with Close To Cocoa Craft Ink (because I didn't have any Chocolate Chip!). I then cut my DSP from the Mini Catalog (can't think of the name and my catalog is in the van!) and my photos to 2"x2" squares. I adhered all of this onto an 8x8 sheet of chocolate chip paper *NOT THE GRID* so that I can reuse the grid for other seasons! Smart, huh? Not my original idea but I love when others think for me! I stamped the saying Happy Blessings with More Mustard ink onto Whisper White CS. Then I mounted that on Baja Blue and Really Rust CS. I popped that into the frame and DONE! Love it!
I already have it hung right by my front door! Now I will be sure to look at it everyday and be reminded that scrapbooking isn't that difficult! And, when I am done displaying it, I can pop it into an 8x8 album! How cool is that?

15 comments:

  1. I love the frame. What a great idea. I know it is hard to keep up with the scrapbook. I'll tell you what if you try for one layout a week, I will too! Deal? Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that just stinkin cute!
    And I'm so sorry that I took your scrappin mojo with me when I moved - miss you guys bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on expecting #4! How exciting! I can see why you feel the need to get scrapping again! I LOVE the layout! You've inspired me to try it too! I'd love to join you on your commitment to scrapbook at least one layout a week. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of the spare "grid" from the On Board. I turned out really nice. Congrats on the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! What a great idea!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool frame! It's a fantastic display piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really great way to showcaes family photos! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very cute! I love that frame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those ideas using leftovers! Great idea to use the grid from the chipboard letters - this turned out amazing!! Scrapbooking was my first love too, and it has somewhat fallen by the wayside in the light of all the cards I make now... and blogging time too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic idea!!
    It looks great! Congrats too! Maybe a girl? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I miss scrapping too. I need to get back to it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. a wonderful idea, and beautifully done. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cute little project and wonderful reminder for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails